    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ACPI & Power Management Patches for Linux-3.5-merge
    On Sunday, June 03, 2012, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Len Brown <> wrote:
    > >
    > > ps. Sorry for sending this request at the tails of the merge window --
    > > I'll try to be earlier next time.
    > Christ, not only is it after I really wanted to do -rc1 (held up by
    > the tty locking problems), but it doesn't even compile.
    > Find the bug (the compiler certainly did):
    > static inline int acpi_pm_device_sleep_state(struct device *d, int *p, int m)
    > {
    > if (p)
    > *p = ACPI_STATE_D0;
    > return (m >= ACPI_STATE_D0 && <= ACPI_STATE_D3) ? m : ACPI_STATE_D0;
    > }
    > and no, it wasn't a merge error. That's what it looks like in your tree.
    > The commit was done yesterday. It clearly had *zero* testing.
    > Looking more at the pull as a result of this, I notice that almost
    > every commit in that tree is from yesterday, and thus cleary cannot
    > have been in -next. I was going to just fix up the obvious one-liner
    > fixup, but looking at the bigger picture I'm going to say "3.6
    > material" for this whole thing.

    Well, perhaps you could take my branch at:

    git:// pm-acpi

    which was included into the Len's pull, for 3.5?

    It was ready a few days ago, and has been present in linux-next even longer
    and contains fixes for real bugs. I didn't push it myself, because it
    generally is ACPI material, but since you're not going to take the Len's
    tree now, can you please consider taking that branch at least?

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-06-04 02:21    [W:0.022 / U:44.376 seconds]