    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] [ATTEND or not ATTEND] That's the question!
    On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 07:29:06AM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:50:05 +0200 (CEST)
    > Thomas Gleixner <> wrote:
    > > A good start would be if you could convert your kernel statistics into
    > > accounting the consolidation effects of contributions instead of
    > > fostering the idiocy that corporates have started to measure themself
    > > and the performance of their employees (I'm not kidding, it's the sad
    > > reality) with line and commit count statistics.
    > I would dearly love to come up with a way to measure "real work" in
    > some fashion; I've just not, yet, figured out how to do that. I do
    > fear that the simple numbers we're able to generate end up creating the
    > wrong kinds of incentives.

    I can't see any alternative to explaining what somebody did and why it
    was important.

    To that end, the best resource for understanding the value of somebody's
    work is the kernel page--if their work has been discussed there.

    So, all you need to do is to hire a dozen more of you, and we're