SubjectRE: IO_PAGE_FAULTS with igb or igbvf on AMD IOMMU system
Date

That sounds very suspicious to me. The 82576 might still seem to work because it only has less than 8 VFs, which might be why it isn't reporting the MMIO resources issue. That doesn't mean it would work correctly and I suspect that the IO_PAGE_FAULT error is due to an MMIO access, not a DMA access. MMIO resources for devices are page mapped and if your BIOS is broken that might not be done correctly.

I have the feeling the issue is the BIOS. You probably want to contact your system vendor and make sure you have the correct BIOS installed or even whether they claim that the system is supposed to support SR-IOV.

- Greg

> Regards,
>
> Joerg
>
> --
> AMD Operating System Research Center
>
> Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach General
> Managers: Alberto Bozzo
> Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr.
> 43632

  Last update: 2012-06-20 19:41    [W:0.069 / U:0.416 seconds]