SubjectWhat is the status of fanotify bugs?
Hi,
I googled and found at least 2 fanotify bugs,
which were discussed and patches were submitted but never merged into the kernel:

1. This one is more than 2 years old. Seems to be an obvious bug:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/46b25f4dfc96d811

2. This discussion was abruptly terminated last year:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/5e21ff2b0c446b69

And I have another problem, which is a complete show stopper for me:
fsnotify/fanotify do not pass file/directory creation/deletion events
when working in FAN_MARK_MOUNT mode.
I was hoping to get notified about file system changes, but it appears to be impossible.
A directory with many subdirectories can be deleted and fsnotify/fanotify completely ignore this event.

So, I wonder whether fsnotify/fanotify framework is still being maintained and used by anybody.
If nobody else cares about it, then I will need to make my own file system notification hook.
But, of course, it would be better to fix fsnotify/fanotify so that I can avoid maintaining my own notification code.

What do you think?

Thank you
John

  Last update: 2012-06-18 06:42    [W:0.054 / U:0.056 seconds]