    SubjectRe: Making ARM multiplatform kernels DT-only?
    On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:03:40PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
    > On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
    > <> wrote:
    > > Well, my understanding is that there's DT patches around for Versatile.
    > Is there? There is some in-tree stuff, but haven't seen any other
    > sign of patches.
    > make it clear that noone ever tested an MMC card on a Versatile
    > booted on real hardware using DT. And I strongly suspect there
    > are more instances like that, it seems AACI, GPIO and I2C and
    > I guess whatever you cannot test on QEMU is just unsupported.

    Given that we've converted stuff like MMCI to use DT, it _should_ be
    the case that we can just add the appropriate DT description to the
    existing Versatile DT - we might need to create some new GPIO devices
    for things like SYSMCI and get rid of the status function, or we
    could just use the auxdata stuff in the mean time.

    Either way, we've solved these problems on other platforms, and the
    shared code has already been fixed or is being fixed for stuff like
    Versatile Express.

    Lets also not forget that the VIC code has already been converted to

    So I don't think there's a big problem here - I think most of the
    pieces of the jigsaw are in place through converting other platforms.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-05 01:21    [W:0.025 / U:63.004 seconds]