    SubjectRe: Linux 3.4 released

    meanwhile I tried the support of vga-switcheroo for HD-audio from your git tree
    without success.

    Since I'm not familiar with git I'll describe what I did:

    $ git clone git://
    $ cd linux
    $ git reset --keep v3.4
    $ git pull git://

    This resulted in a merge conflict for file
    drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_ringbuffer.c which I didn't resolve since both of my
    GPU are AMD radeon chips.

    $ cp -p /boot/config-3.4.0 .config
    $ make oldconfig
    $ make
    $ make modules_install

    After installing kernel and system map (I don't use an initrd) , I restarted the
    notebook. Before starting X, when I call the script which should mount debugfs
    and switche off the discrete GPU, the system freezes.
    I haven't written down all of the text on the console. It seems to be a sequence
    of bugs, but I couldn't scroll back. The last stack trace begins with

    ... wq_worker_sleeping+0x8/0x80
    ... __scheduler+0x35b/0x510
    ... do_exit+0x542/0x830

    Best regards,

      Last update: 2012-05-27 15:41    [W:0.158 / U:17.252 seconds]