SubjectRe: 3.4+ tty lockdep trace
> Applying Ming's patch over Alan's 2 patches from yesterday, I'm still
> seeing two lockdep warnings. Full trace attached.

In that code path we've just succesfully done

tty_lock_pair(tty, o_tty)

(no warning issued)

We've then called into tty_ldisc_release which has done

tty_unlock_pair(tty, o_tty);

and then

tty_lock_pair(tty, o_tty);

which can't error unless our locking hosed

and at that point we then then do a recursive

tty_ldisc_release(o_tty, NULL)

which embarrassingly already has a comment above it I put there saying

/* This will need doing differently if we need to lock */

Let me go rewrite that particular routine to make sense with the
locking in place.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans