SubjectRe: Plumbers: Tweaking scheduler policy micro-conf RFP
From
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Chen <hi3766691@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still you are just trying to said that your code is not bloated?
> Up to over 500K for a cpu scheduler. Laughing

So please stop increasing the size of cpu scheduler's code. Users
can't benefit anything from that. Also the interactivity problem of
scheduler is still exist though it improves a lot already.

It is better to stop bloating. Isn't ?

Also I m quite agree with Linus. The model of the scheduler now is
complex and there are many *UNNECESSARY* code. I CAN'T REALLY BENEFIT
ANYTHING. I just make my kernel with -j2 and the music is already
sucking![Intel E7500, 2.9GHZ, two core]. It can show that how the
interactivity problem is serious with mainline cpu scheduler. I know
it is not all the fault of mainline cpu scheduler but it is still a
big interactivity problem with it. [me think that Peter is proud of
his insane-box-supporting stuff]

  Last update: 2012-05-22 08:21    [W:0.844 / U:0.420 seconds]