    SubjectRe: [PULL] cpumask: finally make them variable size w/ CPUMASK_OFFSTACK.

    * Rusty Russell <> wrote:

    > Mainly because I didn't want to disturb the archs which don't
    > care at all about large cpumasks. After all, putting a struct
    > cpumask on the stack is pretty convenient.

    > But we could add a new arch config which removes it, and set
    > it from x86.

    Could we just use a single cpumask type, cpumask_t or so, which
    would be the *only* generic method to use cpumasks?

    (Current cpumask_t would move to cpumask_full_t.)

    This would be the 'final' destiation for the cpumask code: the
    natural type to use in new code is cpumask_t, while in special
    cases we could use cpumask_full_t - but the name signals that
    it's a potentially large structure.

    On architectures that don't worry about large cpumasks (yet ...)
    cpumask_t and cpumask_full_t maps to the same thing, so there's
    no difference.

    This would make things more natural IMO.

    There would be no 'struct cpumask'. (and 'cpumask_var_t' would
    disappear too due to the rename.)

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-05-10 10:21    [W:0.022 / U:15.116 seconds]