SubjectRe: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1 sticks-and-crashs)
Date
Rik van Riel :
To avoid misunderstandings, that improvement is WITH /
INCLUDING the patch suggested by D.R and L.T., namely:
put + free_task(task); after line 78 in subroutine
lowmemorykiller.c . At least phenomenologically, it
looks that it resolved the problem
I dont understanding so much about programming and about
the problem (and "android" is neither running on my own
computer nor on my coffee-machine, but I enable everything
just because I don't know what hardware have the people
which use my distro and compiled kernels) so that I don't
understand all details of the discusion, but if people
come to an agreement what I could test further, one can
mail it me and explain it me slowly, then I test it out.
wl

==========
On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 21:51:58 -0400
Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/2012 09:52 PM, werner wrote:
>> At least until now, and also tested hard by starting and
>>stopping
>> several memory-consuming operations, I'm happy to can
>>inform that the
>> computer didnt yet crash again, and that also
>>slownessnesses what I
>> observed under 3.3 (but without crashs) don't occur
>
> That could be due to a few VM patches which I wrote,
>that
> went in through -mm.
>
> I am very interested in whether people do find a way to
> break the VM with those patches, in ways that used to
>work
> before.
>
> If you find any, please let me know so I can fix them
> before the 3.4 kernel comes out.
>
> If everything you try works better than before, I'm not
> going to complain about good news :)
>
> --
> All rights reversed

"werner" <w.landgraf@ru.ru>