    SubjectRe: v3.4-rc2 out-of-memory problems (was Re: 3.4-rc1 sticks-and-crashs)
    Date
    Rik van Riel :
    To avoid misunderstandings, that improvement is WITH /
    INCLUDING the patch suggested by D.R and L.T., namely:
    put + free_task(task); after line 78 in subroutine
    lowmemorykiller.c . At least phenomenologically, it
    looks that it resolved the problem
    I dont understanding so much about programming and about
    the problem (and "android" is neither running on my own
    computer nor on my coffee-machine, but I enable everything
    just because I don't know what hardware have the people
    which use my distro and compiled kernels) so that I don't
    understand all details of the discusion, but if people
    come to an agreement what I could test further, one can
    mail it me and explain it me slowly, then I test it out.
    wl

    ==========

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 21:51:58 -0400
    Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com> wrote:
    > On 04/09/2012 09:52 PM, werner wrote:
    >> At least until now, and also tested hard by starting and
    >>stopping
    >> several memory-consuming operations, I'm happy to can
    >>inform that the
    >> computer didnt yet crash again, and that also
    >>slownessnesses what I
    >> observed under 3.3 (but without crashs) don't occur
    >
    > That could be due to a few VM patches which I wrote,
    >that
    > went in through -mm.
    >
    > I am very interested in whether people do find a way to
    > break the VM with those patches, in ways that used to
    >work
    > before.
    >
    > If you find any, please let me know so I can fix them
    > before the 3.4 kernel comes out.
    >
    > If everything you try works better than before, I'm not
    > going to complain about good news :)
    >
    > --
    > All rights reversed

    "werner" <w.landgraf@ru.ru>
    ---
    Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru

      Last update: 2012-04-10 04:11    [W:0.024 / U:60.332 seconds]