    SubjectRe: ANN: libseccomp
    Date
    On Monday, April 09, 2012 12:16:30 PM Kees Cook wrote:
    > On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Paul Moore <paul@paul-moore.com> wrote:
    > > With the seccomp patches finally stabilizing a bit, it seems like now is a
    > > good time to announce libseccomp: a library designed to make it easier to
    > > create complex, architecture independent seccomp filters.
    > >
    > > * http://sourceforge.net/projects/libseccomp/
    > > * git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/libseccomp/libseccomp
    >
    > This looks really great; nice work!

    Thanks.

    > I see that the arch check happens during _gen_bpf_build_bpf(), which
    > is excellent. Do you have any thoughts about including a call to
    > prctl(PR_SET_NO_NEW_PRIVS, 1, 0, 0, 0) by default as well?

    That is a good question, and I guess it comes down to another question of if
    anyone would want to use seccomp without NO_NEW_PRIVS. If the answer is no
    then I'm comfortable adding it into the seccomp_load() function; however, if
    the answer is yes we might want to do something different.

    I haven't given much thought to this yet, so if you or anyone else feels
    strongly about the issue - either pro or con - I'd appreciate hearing the
    argument.

    --
    paul moore
    www.paul-moore.com

      Last update: 2012-04-09 23:35    [W:0.021 / U:35.164 seconds]