    SubjectRe: RFC: deprecating/removing the legacy mode of devpts
    > 2 would be easy if it wasn't for udev, which makes it very hard.  It is
    > not reasonable for udev to support both modes, so the *only* mode that
    > is reasonable for it to support is the new mode. However, it is
    > increasingly obvious that if we don't force it, this will never happen.

    If enough people care about it then udev will get fixed. Using the kernel
    as a large hammer to try and force one worldview onto people who couldn't
    give a flying.. isn't the right answer here.

    Get the distros to switch mode by asking them and/or by sending them
    changes for new releases.

    Alan

      Last update: 2012-04-08 19:21    [W:0.020 / U:89.712 seconds]