    Subject[RFC/PATCH 0/3] static keys for debugobjects
    Building in debugobjects support without enabling debugobjects
    by default is useful in test scenarios where recompiling isn't
    an option. Moving this interface to static keys/jump labels should
    allow us to always have this code compiled in without worrying about
    performance overhead when it's disabled.

    RFC because I don't have any numbers to back this up and it's debug
    code. I took a stab at using perf but I don't think the x86 machine
    I was using had good enough stuff to see i-cache misses or things
    like that. Hints on what to do to actually prove this is useful are

    This is based on the perf/jump-labels branch in the tip tree:

    git:// perf/jump-labels

    Stephen Boyd (3):
    timer: Move debugobjects.h include to timer.c
    init: Initialize jump_labels before early parameters
    debugobjects: Use static keys for debug_objects_enabled

    include/linux/debugobjects.h | 94 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
    include/linux/timer.h | 1 -
    init/main.c | 4 +-
    kernel/timer.c | 1 +

      Last update: 2012-04-06 09:05    [W:0.019 / U:17.960 seconds]