SubjectRe: [patch] cgroups: disallow attaching kthreadd
On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 21:58 -0700, David Rientjes wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>
> > Below is user interface only patchlet. I find it cleaner than the
> > cpuset,cpu variant, but don't have strong feelings either way.
> >
> > If this one don't fly, I'll just declare buglet immortal, he ain't worth
> > near the electrons he's already wasted ;-)
> >

> Why can't you simply propose the cpusets version that both Paul and I
> liked? There's _no_ reason to do this for every cgroup, current or
> future.

I submitted that, and it didn't fly. I like the generic exclusion
better, so I submit that for consideration.

From my POV, the problem is known, decision makers can decide any way
they want, but _I_ have posted my last variant. If this one doesn't
fly, too bad for patchlet, it's not the first one to ever go splat :)

-Mike

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans