SubjectRe: Tags for successful compilations of linux-next
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:32:13 -0700 "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@frijolero.org> wrote:
>>
>> As a daily consumer of linux-next I'm wondering if there are tags that
>> perhaps could be introduced to annotate when a linux-next tag itself
>> did successfully compile across all the tests you have for linux-next
>> each day. As a consumer of linux-next, for example, I could just take
>> those tags to ensure my own snapshots do compile as well. Checking
>> with you to see if this is worth it for an extra tag to annotate these
>> somehow.
>
> Linux-next has never built for all the test builds we do :-(

Indeed :(

> However,
> (almost) every linux-next release does build for the following:
>
> PowerPC: ppc64_defconfig, allnoconfig, (64bit) allnoconfig, ppc44x_defconfig,
>         allyesconfig (fails in the final link)
> X86_64: allmodconfig

I just ran into two tags where drivers/net/ failed with allmodconfig
but in my tests case for x86, and hence this e-mail. Typically I
actually don't run into issues, but this got me thinking about
possible tags to annotate successful build tests.

> i386: defconfig

And now this make sense :)

> sparc: 32 and 64 bit defconfig

That's pretty impressive that all test build tests are done though and
that typically they all do work for most tags, thanks!

Luis