    SubjectRe: Linux 3.4-rc1
    On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 12:40:39PM +0900, Kyungmin Park wrote:
    > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Rob Clark <> wrote:
    > > On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM, Linus Torvalds
    > > <> wrote:
    > >>  - drm dma-buf prime support. Dave Airlie sent me the pull request but
    > >> didn't push very hard for it, it's in my "ok, I can still pull it for
    > >> 3.4 if individual DRM driver people tell me that it will make their
    > >> lives easier." So this is in limbo - I have nothing against it, but I
    > >> won't pull unless I get a few people say "yes, please".
    > >
    > > yes, please :-)
    > >
    > > Note that the core drm dma-buf/prime support has already been reviewed
    > > by a lot of folks, and tested with a few different drivers (exynos,
    > > omapdrm, i915, nouveau, udl) with some driver support that could be
    > > pushed for 3.5 cycle if the core support makes it in for 3.4 cycle.
    > Yes, Please.
    > It's used for exynos display and multimedia.

    There are a lot of loose pieces to juggle until we have everything in
    place for buffer sharing (and quite a few of this involve contentious
    topics). But this core piece for integrating dma-buf with drm here has
    been acked/reviewd by all the relevant people and merging it would imo
    greatly help in wiring up all the other loose ends.

    Cheers, Daniel
    Daniel Vetter
    Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48

      Last update: 2012-04-02 10:45    [W:0.022 / U:17.332 seconds]