    SubjectRe: [3.4-rc3] Thread overran stack, or stack corrupted
    On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com> wrote:

    > Ok, this builds. I'll run with this for a while, and see what falls out.

    So assuming that works and doesn't have some silly thinko in it, I
    think it is a worthwhile addition to the whole stack debugging thing.
    Right now, the message about "process xyz used most stack, x bytes
    free" really is pretty useless. If it were to actually show "hey, this
    was the deepest actual stack chain", that sounds quite interesting.

    Of course, if the stack is largely used by some leaf function that
    just has a big stack frame, that won't show up in the stack trace, but
    that's presumably not the worst worry. And hopefully the caller of
    that would still be pretty deep and show up without having been
    overwritten.

    Linus

      Last update: 2012-04-18 22:37    [W:0.024 / U:30.584 seconds]