    SubjectRe: [ath9k-devel] [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review
    Felipe Contreras wrote:
    > With more people using Arch Linux and thus the latest "stable"
    > release, I'd say we might see an increase in these kinds of issues.

    You touch on an important point. Arch has it's own support channels,
    and after a few of these kinds of issues perhaps Arch will decide to
    push a different kernel to their users.

    None of the Arch users I know (though only a few) would have had a
    critical problem without wifi.

    What kernel to push to users is anyway a distribution problem, so if
    you must discuss then please discuss within the Arch community the
    pros and cons of the various available kernel trees. Maybe they will
    prefer another one than they currently do, after your reasoning.

    I personally don't care about what any distribution does; I just use
    Linus' tree, and I might merge some other trees if they have
    important changes which I want before Linus takes them. When I did
    this the first time is btw the time where I really learned to
    appreciate just how powerful git is.

    //Peter

      Last update: 2012-04-17 00:37    [W:4.131 / U:0.552 seconds]