SubjectRe: via-rhine: Problem with lost link after a while
Bjarke Istrup Pedersen <gurligebis@gentoo.org> :
[...]
> I've been testing v3.4-rc2 with this patch applied for the past few
> days, with alot of trafic across, both incoming and outgoing, with VPN
> which is normally what can trigger problems, and it seems rock solid
> :o)

Thanks.

> Do you need me to do any specific testing of this patch?

See below.

Changes of behavior should be reported for this patch over plain 3.4-rc2 or
current 3.3-stable as both include Andreas's fix.

Otherwise it can not be labelled it as a fix : it does not go into 3.4-rc
nor 3.3-stable but proceeds through net-next where it will land into
3.5-rc then -stable.

One can not exercize the Tx xmit vs napi Tx completion race part of the
patch with a single core. Afaiui non-Soekris users are needed here.

Even if you don't experience change of behavior over 3.4-rc or 3.3-stable,
some longterm use of this driver would be welcome. It may end as an effort
for 3.5-rc though.

--
Ueimor

Will code drivers for food.