    SubjectRe: [ 00/78] 3.3.2-stable review
    From
    On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
    > On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 07:59:14PM -0400, Sergio Correia wrote:
    >> Hello Greg,
    >>

    >> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
    >> > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 3.3.2 release.
    >> > There are 78 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
    >> > to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
    >> > let me know.

    >> > Anything received after that time might be too late.
    >> >

    >> is there any chance for this one to be included in this review cycle?
    >>
    >> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg87999.html

    I was going to ask for exactly the same thing. My system is completely
    unusable without this patch; not only does the network doesn't work,
    but quite often the kernel is stuck consuming 100% of the CPU.

    > Have you read Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt?  Based on that, I
    > don't think it can, yet, right?

    Why not? This patch makes the code go back to a previous state, it is
    obviously more stable than the current state, and the code already
    exists in Linus's tree (in previous releases).

    But hey, I guess it's OK that 3.3.x is stuck in and endless loop right
    after booting, because rules are more important than fixing obvious
    breakage.

    --
    Felipe Contreras