    SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the omap_dss2 tree
    Date
    On Thursday 08 March 2012, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in
    > arch/arm/mach-omap1/board-palmtt.c between commit ddba6c7f7ec6 ("OMAP1:
    > pass LCD config with omapfb_set_lcd_config()") from the omap_dss2 tree
    > and commit 2e3ee9f45b3c ("ARM: OMAP1: Move most of plat/io.h into local
    > iomap.h") from the arm-soc tree.
    >
    > I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.

    Hi Stephen,

    Thanks for fixing up all the conflicts between arm-soc and omap_dss2.
    I think we should make sure they are resolved in one of the trees before
    the merge window.

    Tomi, what are your plans for the omap_dss2 branch to get merged?
    Do you think you should send it to Linus first and we merge it into
    arm-soc to resolve the conflicts?
    Or do you want to merge it through the arm-soc tree?
    Or should we go first and you fix up the conflicts by pulling in the
    necessary topic branches from arm-soc into your tree?

    Arnd

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans