    SubjectRe: Random process lockup on ARM board: alsa-lib-1.0.25, FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE
    From
    Hi,

    On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Darren Hart <dvhart@linux.intel.com> wrote:

    > On 02/29/2012 01:12 AM, Huang Shijie wrote:
    >> Hi ,
    >>
    >> I meet a similar problem with the latest futex code.
    >>
    >> I play the video and the processes will hang at the futex.
    >
    > Are either of you able to bisect the kernel? At the very least can you

    I finially found my arch/arm/include/asm/futex.h is not the
    latest, so i updated the header.

    And the futex issue is gone now. But a dataAbort issue appears, I am
    not sure whether it caused by the futex patch.
    I am debugging it now.

    BR
    Huang Shijie
    > find two kernels where it works and where it does not?
    >
    > Hanging on FUTEX_WAIT_PRIVATE can be the symptom for higher level
    > problems including userspace locking issues and race conditions.
    >
    > Huang, are you also on ARM?

    Yes, FREESCALE imx6q platform.

    BR
    Huang Shijie