    SubjectRe: [tip:x86/debug] x86/kdump: No need to disable ioapic/ lapic in crash path
    On 03/01/2012 08:19 AM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

    > Don Zickus<> writes:
    >> It probably is, except I never hacked on idt code before and my assembly
    >> isn't that good. I have been trying to find examples to copy from to give
    >> it a try. So far I was using early_idt_handlers with early_printk to see
    >> if I could capture some printk messages while jumping from the first
    >> kernel to the second kernel (when the other early_idt_handlers would kick
    >> in for the second kernel).
    >> Tips? Better examples?
    > That is a particularly good example. When I took a quick look earlier
    > that is the first place we reload the idt in the kernel boot so that is
    > one of two places that needs to be modified.

    Hi Eric, Don

    Sorry for chiming in so late.

    We run into the same NMI problems and wrote some patches that tackle
    the kernel boot side of things. They have been extensively tested using
    qemu-kvm and things seem to be working as expected (after receiving an
    early NMI the kernel continues without problem; after the iret there is no
    stack corruption or register corruption).

    I will be replying to this email with the patches.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-03-07 11:55    [W:0.020 / U:4.180 seconds]