SubjectRe: [ 57/72] genirq: Unmask oneshot irqs when thread was not woken
Date
Hi

On Tuesday 06 March 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> > > Give me a day or two to figure out why it breaks stuff. I have no idea
> > > why it should wreckage anything.
> >
> > Hmm. This is interesting. The b43 driver has a primary handler which
> > can return IRQ_NONE. So up to that change the interrupt line was kept
> > disabled when that happened. Possibly the driver relies on that
> > behaviour. Digging for a machine with a b43.
>
> Does not reproduce. Now I was looking at the driver again, it does not
> use IRQ_ONESHOT anyway.
>
> So for handle_fasteoi_irq() this patch is actually a NOOP. So the only
> affected handler would be handle_level_irq(). Still can't see how it
> changes the !IRQ_ONESHOT behaviour :(
>
> Stephan, Sven: Can you please provide the output of /proc/interrupts ?

Full /proc/interrupts and gzipped dmesg attached for kernel 3.2.9 +
current stable queue-3.2, no difference in the interrupt output between
working and broken state. Both outputs taken immediately after a cold
reboot.

*.broken is with "genirq: Unmask oneshot irqs when thread was not
woken" applied, resulting in empty wlan scan results, no auth).

*.working with only this patch reverted (3 wlan cells visible,
immediate auth.

Regards
Stefan Lippers-Hollmann
[unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip][unhandled content-type:application/x-gzip] CPU0
0: 16875 XT-PIC-XT-PIC timer
1: 94 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC cascade
3: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
4: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
5: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC firewire_ohci, snd_via82xx
6: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC floppy
7: 1 XT-PIC-XT-PIC parport0
8: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC rtc0
9: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC acpi
10: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC yenta, b43
11: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb1, yenta
12: 107 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
14: 6431 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
15: 80 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
NMI: 0 Non-maskable interrupts
LOC: 0 Local timer interrupts
SPU: 0 Spurious interrupts
PMI: 0 Performance monitoring interrupts
IWI: 0 IRQ work interrupts
RES: 0 Rescheduling interrupts
CAL: 0 Function call interrupts
TLB: 0 TLB shootdowns
TRM: 0 Thermal event interrupts
THR: 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
MCE: 0 Machine check exceptions
MCP: 1 Machine check polls
ERR: 0
MIS: 0
CPU0
0: 17967 XT-PIC-XT-PIC timer
1: 196 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC cascade
3: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
4: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC
5: 3 XT-PIC-XT-PIC firewire_ohci, snd_via82xx
6: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC floppy
7: 1 XT-PIC-XT-PIC parport0
8: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC rtc0
9: 0 XT-PIC-XT-PIC acpi
10: 527 XT-PIC-XT-PIC yenta, b43
11: 2 XT-PIC-XT-PIC uhci_hcd:usb1, yenta
12: 107 XT-PIC-XT-PIC i8042
14: 6491 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
15: 80 XT-PIC-XT-PIC pata_via
NMI: 0 Non-maskable interrupts
LOC: 0 Local timer interrupts
SPU: 0 Spurious interrupts
PMI: 0 Performance monitoring interrupts
IWI: 0 IRQ work interrupts
RES: 0 Rescheduling interrupts
CAL: 0 Function call interrupts
TLB: 0 TLB shootdowns
TRM: 0 Thermal event interrupts
THR: 0 Threshold APIC interrupts
MCE: 0 Machine check exceptions
MCP: 1 Machine check polls
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

  Last update: 2012-03-06 21:27    [W:0.110 / U:0.236 seconds]