SubjectRe: speakup bug
On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 01:43:48AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Sure! But there should be a way to do it without /, just like the
> serial console works on ttyUSB0 without /.

It's not impossible, but the hard part will be creating a naming
infrastructure so the user can specify the appropriate serial port if
there are multiple (non-console) tty devices present on the system.

My suggestion would be to get it working using a userspace daemon, and
then putting in the kernel code to open the serial port without a file
system. It certainly can be done, with roughly the same techniques
that are used to mount the root file system in the non-initrd case.

- Ted

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans