    SubjectRe: speakup bug
    Date
    From: Alan Cox
    Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:39 AM
    >> Can anyone tell me how to fix this so it can be patched in the official
    >> kernel code?
    >
    >The proper fix is to make the drivers work via the serial layer properly.

    Well, I am not the worlds greatest C programmer but many years ago I wrote
    unix
    device drivers for a living. Could a reasonably competent person have a
    chance of fixing that?

    > The speakup people have been told this repeatedly for years and years
    > which is why their drivers work on less and less systems and won't run
    > with things PCI or USB serial ports, and why they are forever buried in
    > staging.

    Do you recall if they gave a reason for not wanting to use the serial layer?
    I don't even know what the serial layer is (although the name is descriptive
    enough and I can guess).But I would think they'd have had some reason for
    not wanting to do that.

      Last update: 2012-03-04 01:03    [W:0.044 / U:90.332 seconds]