    SubjectRe: Regulator supplies when using Device Tree
    On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 06:38:30PM -0700, Michael Bohan wrote:
    > On 3/26/2012 6:00 AM, Mark Brown wrote:

    > >Supplies are *always* specified using the name from the part data sheet,
    > >anything to do with regulator-regulator supplies is a Linux
    > >implementation detail.

    > So before filling out the supply_name when calling
    > regulator_register(), does that mean we should expect regulator
    > drivers that optionally support supplies to always check with
    > of_get_property()? And which name should we check? It sounds like

    I have no idea what this means, sorry.

    > the answer is that we should invent another binding to portray the
    > name of the supply the driver should be checking against. But then
    > it would seem silly to have two bindings that pertain to supply
    > names.

    Absolutely not, that would be broken. The whole point here is that
    supplies of all kinds are always requested with the name the chip uses
    for the supply.
      Last update: 2012-03-28 12:13    [W:0.023 / U:14.256 seconds]