    SubjectRecent "Run the driver callback directly" patch breaks libertas suspend

    Hi Rafael,

    Your recent patch:
    commit 35cd133c
    PM: Run the driver callback directly if the subsystem one is not there

    breaks suspend for my libertas wifi and probably other SDIO devices.

    SDIO (and possible MMC in general) has a protocol where the suspend
    method can return -ENOSYS and this means "There is no point in suspending,
    just turn me off".

    The device itself "mmc1:0001" (I think) doesn't have any bus etc 'suspend'
    function so the new code call the device's suspend function which returns
    ENOSYS and the suspend fails.

    The previous code ignores the device as there is no bus suspend, and when it
    gets to suspend the ancestor - which for me is omap_hsmmc.1, it calls the
    device suspend function catches the ENOSYS, and turns it off.

    I suspect just reverting it isn't the right long term solution, however I
    can confirm that it works for me for now.

    I'm happy to try any alternate fixes you would like to suggest (but I cannot
    promise how quickly I will get the testing done).

    (I'm testing with 3.3)

      Last update: 2012-03-25 11:41    [W:0.019 / U:1.296 seconds]