    SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for Mar 23: doubled patch in vmscan.c
    Hi Hugh,

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 03:29:26 -0700 (PDT) Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com> wrote:

    > I'm amused to notice that your merging process is as impatient as akpm,
    > and just cannot wait for Mel to remove lumpy reclaim from mm/vmscan.c.

    git rebase tried too hard :-(

    > It has chosen to do so itself, by duplicating Konstantin's "mm: forbid
    > lumpy-reclaim in shrink_active_list()" (we had expected that to be held
    > back, but it's gone in anyway, oh well) into shrink_inactive_list(),
    > overriding the set_reclaim_mode() a few lines above with a spurious
    > reset_reclaim_mode(sc).
    >
    > I expect that will sort itself out automatically once you get an update
    > from akpm, but something to beware of meanwhile (probably just a matter
    > of deleting Konstantin's patch from your trove now it's in Linus's tree).

    Thanks for noticing this. I will remove that patch from linux-next for
    Monday in case Andrew doesn't get around to sending me a new series by
    then.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

      Last update: 2012-03-23 13:53    [W:0.020 / U:121.700 seconds]