    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] at91 first cleanup series for 3.4
    On Thursday 23 February 2012, Nicolas Ferre wrote:
    > This series removes the at91_sys_read/write() functions that where
    > used for all System Controller devices. The static offsets that were
    > used prevented us from compiling several AT91 SoC support in a single
    > zImage.
    > The other cleanup is the move of some early console initialization. In
    > addition, some Makefile.boot modifications have been performed to be
    > able to make .dtb files.
    > All this goes on top of current material that is already in arm-soc
    > git tree (merge of all at91/* branches. You can find it in the same git
    > tree with at91-3.4-base2 branch name).
    > The following changes since commit 11a25ea7e4f870a37093258f577e11cec703e37e:
    > Merge remote-tracking branch 'armsoc/at91/9x5' into at91-3.4-base2 (2012-02-11 14:33:03 +0100)
    > are available in the git repository at:
    > git:// at91-3.4-base2+cleanup

    Hi Nicolas,

    I cannot merge this into the next/cleanup branch because you have based it
    on top of a non-cleanup branch. There are three ways out of this:

    1. rebase the entire branch on a changeset that only contains upstream and
    cleanup branches, and let me deal with merge conflicts against the at91/9x5

    2. Split this series into two parts, with the simple cleanups going directly
    in as in 1, but cleanups on top of the at91/9x5 branch get applied to that
    branch only.

    3. Create a new next/cleanup2 branch with this pull request that I submit
    to Linus separately from the other cleanups.

    Which one should it be?

    I'm also still not entirely happy with the contents because the newly
    introduced macros all still use __raw_readl() instead of readl_relaxed(),
    and because the rtt setup appears unnecessarily complex while at the same
    time still not sufficient for a combined at91 kernel. It would be nice
    if those could be fixed, but I would still take the series without changing
    the rtt code because we have not really come to a conclusion otherwise
    and the series generally moves things into the right direction.

    I've applied your series to the staging/cleanup branch for now, which
    means it gets into linux-next but I won't send to Linus unless I get
    an update.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-02-27 18:33    [W:0.022 / U:7.440 seconds]