SubjectRe: Kconfig and toolchain dependencies
Dne 3.2.2012 22:29, H. Peter Anvin napsal(a):
> Right now, we don't have a good way to encode toolchain dependencies in
> Kconfig. This makes it hard to add optional features which depend on
> newer toolchain features.
>
> If we just add them, then it breaks all*config and randconfig on
> platforms with the older toolchains unless the user manually adds
> exclusion rules. This is bad for testing.
>
> It seems relatively straightforward to do if we were to manifest some
> CONFIG_ variables based on the target toolchain, e.g.
>
> CONFIG_GCC=0x040601

(sorry for the late reply)

It would be a bit tricky, because the toolchain version depends also on
CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE. So Kconfig would need to know the semantics of
CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE and CONFIG_GCC and the dependency of the latter on
the former.

Michal

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans