    SubjectRe: Linux 3.3-rc4
    > I'm starting to think we should compile the kernel with -Wpadded by
    > default (currently it's only done at "warning level 3", which I doubt
    > anyone ever uses, especially since that also includes -Wpacked which is
    > an actively toxic warning) and force people to add explicit padding
    > where it needs to go, if necessary. Unfortunately even that doesn't
    > guarantee compatibility with userspace, but it's at least something.

    We generate a set of believed correct export headers and check them these
    days as an option. Can that work not be turned to do this. Ie create a
    temporary .c file that includes all the user visible header data (without
    KERNEL being defined) and runs it through -Wpacked etc

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-02-21 14:05    [W:0.022 / U:17.048 seconds]