SubjectRe: Linux 3.3-rc4
> I'm starting to think we should compile the kernel with -Wpadded by
> default (currently it's only done at "warning level 3", which I doubt
> anyone ever uses, especially since that also includes -Wpacked which is
> an actively toxic warning) and force people to add explicit padding
> where it needs to go, if necessary. Unfortunately even that doesn't
> guarantee compatibility with userspace, but it's at least something.

We generate a set of believed correct export headers and check them these
days as an option. Can that work not be turned to do this. Ie create a
temporary .c file that includes all the user visible header data (without
KERNEL being defined) and runs it through -Wpacked etc

Alan

  Last update: 2012-02-21 14:05    [W:0.105 / U:1.008 seconds]