SubjectRe: Regulator suspend state dt question
On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 11:55:11AM +0530, Abhilash Kesavan wrote:

> As of now there is no support in the regulator core to specify the suspend state
> (mode, enabled/disabled) using dt. I can add new properties specifying
> the intial_state,
> mode, enable/disable but I am not too sure if it is appropriate to add
> such bindings to
> the device tree as they are not actually describing the hardware.

Well, it does depend on the hardware a bit - some hardware is hard wired
to only have one possible suspend state due to power up requirements.
But for a lot of hardware it's flexible...

> Is calling regulator_suspend_prepare from a machine specific file an option ?

This is not really relevant, it's an orthogonal thing about when we
trigger the state transition in the regulator.

It's not clear what a good solution is here, sorry.

  Last update: 2012-12-06 08:21    [W:0.072 / U:0.424 seconds]