SubjectRe: Look Ma, da kernel is b0rken
On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 06:09:00PM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> IMHO that's some common "misconception" - namely that innocent
> observing by-standers are fully expected to get involved in the
> process. Not necessarily, however (that's what domain experts are
> there for - since people are well-advised to concentrate on the
> activities that they are commonly involved with/do best).

Well, you don't have to be an expert to fix bugs. There are all kinds
of bugs for all kinds of technical levels - you only need to be willing
to fix them and send out patches. If you're not willing to help, then
you should better keep your rant to yourself because simply passively
ranting is not making anything better and not helping to anyone.

> I would be willing to handle corrections in the areas of drivers
> I was working on (some corrections were already queued locally).

See now, that's the spirit. :)

> For scripted mechanisms (e.g. usefully nagging people as stated in
> another posting), someone else would have to work on it I'm afraid.

Yep, that won't be that easy to get up and running so we'd need someone
to spend some quality time on such a framework.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

  Last update: 2012-12-05 19:02    [W:0.129 / U:0.092 seconds]