    SubjectLinux 3.7-rc8
    I really didn't want it to come to this, but I was uncomfortable doing
    the 3.7 release yesterday due to last-minute issues, and decided to
    sleep on it.

    And today, I ended up even *less* comfortable about it due to the
    resurrection of a kswapd issue, so I decided that I'm going to do
    another -rc after all.

    Which is not very nice timing-wise, since that means that the next
    merge window will run up very close to christmas, but hey, maybe that
    will at least convince people to not leave things to the final days of
    the merge window, and send me pull requests *early*. That would be

    And because I'm dragging it out for another week, I'm going to be
    *very* bitter if anybody sends me pull requests this late in the game
    that aren't for major issues. If you send me small irrelevant stuff
    that doesn't fix major issues (oopses, security, things like that),
    I'm going to curse at you and ignore your pull request. So don't do

    The only things I want to see are fixes that people care deeply about.
    If it's not critical, or you don't have an actual problem report from
    an actual user, just put it in the queue under the christmas tree, and
    let it got for 3.8.

    (Ok, while writing this I got another pull request that made me go "We
    don't really need this". I'll pull that, because technically it came
    in before I'd given people this warning, but ...)

    Al Viro (12):
    um: get_safe_registers() should be done in flush_thread(), not
    openrisk: fix altstack switching on sigreturn
    sh64: fix altstack switching on sigreturn
    score: do_sigaltstack() expects a userland pointer...
    microblaze: rt_sigreturn is too trigger-happy about sigaltstack errors
    don't do blind d_drop() in nfs_prime_dcache()
    nfs_lookup_revalidate(): fix a leak
    cifs: get rid of blind d_drop() in readdir
    lookup_one_len: don't accept . and ..
    fix off-by-one in argument passed by iterate_fd() to callbacks
    open*(2) compat fixes (s390, arm64)
    [parisc] open(2) compat bug

    Amir Vadai (1):
    net/mlx4_en: Can set maxrate only for TC0

    Anatolij Gustschin (1):
    [media] mt9v022: fix the V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE control

    Andrew Karpow (1):
    [media] rtl28xxu: 0ccd:00d7 TerraTec Cinergy T Stick+

    Andrew Morton (1):
    revert "Revert "mm: remove __GFP_NO_KSWAPD""

    Antti Palosaari (3):
    [media] dvb_usb_v2: fix pid_filter callback error logging
    [media] dvb_usb_v2: switch interruptible mutex to normal
    [media] rtl28xxu: 1d19:1102 Dexatek DK mini DVB-T Dongle

    Arnd Bergmann (1):
    IXP4xx: use __iomem for MMIO

    Arun Kumar K (2):
    [media] s5p-mfc: Bug fix of timestamp/timecode copy mechanism
    [media] s5p-mfc: Handle multi-frame input buffer

    Bjørn Mork (1):
    net: qmi_wwan: add Huawei E173

    Charles Keepax (3):
    mfd: arizona: Use correct array for ARRAY_SIZE in mfd_add_devices call
    mfd: arizona: Correctly report when AIF2/AIF1 is underclocked
    mfd: arizona: Sync regcache after reset

    Chris Wilson (1):
    Revert "drm/i915: enable rc6 on ilk again"

    Chuansheng Liu (1):
    watchdog: using u64 in get_sample_period()

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    atm: forever loop loading ambassador firmware

    Daniel Vetter (1):
    drm/i915: disable cloning on sdvo

    Darren Hart (1):
    futex: avoid wake_futex() for a PI futex_q

    Dave Martin (1):
    ARM: 7583/1: decompressor: Enable unaligned memory access for v6 and above

    David Howells (6):
    x86: Export asm/{svm.h,vmx.h,perf_regs.h}
    tools: Define a Makefile function to do subdir processing
    tools: Honour the O= flag when tool build called from a higher Makefile
    tools: Pass the target in descend
    perf: Make perf build for x86 with UAPI disintegration applied
    UAPI: strip the _UAPI prefix from header guards during header installation

    Emmanuel Grumbach (1):
    iwlwifi: fix the basic CCK rates calculation

    Eric Dumazet (2):
    net: ipmr: limit MRT_TABLE identifiers
    tcp: fix crashes in do_tcp_sendpages()

    Florian Westphal (1):
    netfilter: ipset: fix netiface set name overflow

    Frederic Weisbecker (1):
    rcu: Fix unrecovered RCU user mode in syscall_trace_leave()

    Guennadi Liakhovetski (7):
    [media] media: sh_vou: fix const cropping related warnings
    [media] media: sh_mobile_ceu_camera: fix const cropping related warnings
    [media] media: pxa_camera: fix const cropping related warnings
    [media] media: mx3_camera: fix const cropping related warnings
    [media] media: mx2_camera: fix const cropping related warnings
    [media] media: mx1_camera: use the default .set_crop() implementation
    [media] media: omap1_camera: fix const cropping related warnings

    H. Peter Anvin (2):
    x86, kvm: Remove incorrect redundant assembly constraint
    x86-32: Unbreak booting on some 486 clones

    Hans Verkuil (4):
    [media] adv7604: cleanup references
    [media] adv7604: Replace prim_mode by mode
    [media] adv7604: use presets where possible
    [media] adv7604: restart STDI once if format is not found

    Inki Dae (3):
    drm/exynos: fix linux framebuffer address setting.
    drm/exynos: remove unnecessary code.
    drm/exynos: fix overlay updating issue

    Jan Kara (2):
    jbd: Fix lock ordering bug in journal_unmap_buffer()
    writeback: put unused inodes to LRU after writeback completion

    Jani Nikula (1):
    drm/i915: do not default to 18 bpp for eDP if missing from VBT

    Jason Gunthorpe (1):
    ARM: Kirkwood: Update PCI-E fixup

    Jean Delvare (1):
    i7300_edac: Fix error flag testing

    Jean-François Moine (1):
    tty vt: Fix a regression in command line edition

    Jeff Layton (1):
    cifs: fix writeback race with file that is growing

    Jerome Glisse (1):
    radeon: fix pll/ctrc mapping on dce2 and dce3 hardware

    Jesse Gross (1):
    openvswitch: Print device when warning about over MTU packets.

    Jianguo Wu (1):
    mm/vmemmap: fix wrong use of virt_to_page

    Jiri Pirko (1):
    team: fix hw_features setup

    Johannes Berg (1):
    mac80211: fix remain-on-channel (non-)cancelling

    Johannes Weiner (1):
    mm: vmscan: fix endless loop in kswapd balancing

    Josh Cartwright (1):
    ARM: 7570/1: quiet down the non make -s output

    Kalle Jokiniemi (1):
    mfd: twl4030: Fix chained irq handling on resume from suspend

    Kim, Milo (1):
    drivers/rtc/rtc-tps65910.c: fix invalid pointer access on _remove()

    Krzysztof Hałasa (9):
    IXP4xx: Fix Goramo MultiLink platform compilation.
    IXP4xx: Fix off-by-one bug in Goramo MultiLink platform.
    IXP4xx: HW pseudo-random generator is available on IXP45x/46x only.
    IXP4xx: ixp4xx_crypto driver requires Queue Manager and NPE drivers.
    IXP4xx: Remove time limit for PCI TRDY to enable use of slow devices.
    WAN: Remove redundant HDLC info printed by IXP4xx HSS driver.
    IXP4xx crypto: MOD_AES{128,192,256} already include key size.
    IXP4xx: Always ioremap() Queue Manager MMIO region at boot.
    IXP4xx: map CPU config registers within VMALLOC region.

    Laurent Pinchart (2):
    [media] omap3isp: video: Fix warning caused by bad vidioc_s_crop prototype
    [media] omap3isp: Fix warning caused by bad subdev events
    operations prototypes

    Linus Torvalds (5):
    fs/buffer.c: make block-size be per-page and protected by the page lock
    blockdev: remove bd_block_size_semaphore again
    direct-io: don't read inode->i_blkbits multiple times
    blkdev_max_block: make private to fs/buffer.c
    Linux 3.7-rc8

    Mark Brown (2):
    mfd: wm5102: Update register patch for latest evaluation
    mfd: wm5110: Disable control interface error report for WM5110 rev B

    Mark Salter (4):
    c6x: run do_notify_resume with interrupts enabled
    c6x: fix misleading comment
    c6x: remove internal kernel symbols from exported setup.h
    c6x: use generic kvm_para.h

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (2):
    i82975x_edac: Fix dimm label initialization
    edac: Fix the dimm filling for csrows-based layouts

    Mehak Mahajan (1):
    openvswitch: Store flow key len if ARP opcode is not request or reply.

    Mel Gorman (4):
    Revert "mm: remove __GFP_NO_KSWAPD"
    mm: vmscan: check for fatal signals iff the process was throttled
    mm: compaction: fix return value of capture_free_page()
    mm: avoid waking kswapd for THP allocations when compaction is
    deferred or contended

    Michael Neuling (1):
    perf, powerpc: Fix hw breakpoints returning -ENOSPC

    Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
    vhost: fix length for cross region descriptor

    Mike Galbraith (2):
    workqueue: exit rescuer_thread() as TASK_RUNNING
    Revert "sched, autogroup: Stop going ahead if autogroup is disabled"

    Mikulas Patocka (1):
    percpu-rwsem: use synchronize_sched_expedited

    Namhyung Kim (2):
    perf header: Fix numa topology printing
    perf tools: Fix strbuf_addf() when the buffer needs to grow

    Naoya Horiguchi (1):
    mm: soft offline: split thp at the beginning of soft_offline_page()

    Neal Cardwell (1):
    ipv4: avoid passing NULL to inet_putpeer() in icmpv4_xrlim_allow()

    NeilBrown (1):
    md/raid1{,0}: fix deadlock in bitmap_unplug.

    Nicolas Pitre (1):
    ARM: 7572/1: proc-v6.S: fix comment

    Ohad Ben-Cohen (1):
    remoteproc: fix error path of ->find_vqs

    Oliver Hartkopp (2):
    can: peak_usb: fix hwtstamp assignment
    can: bcm: initialize ifindex for timeouts without previous frame reception

    Pavel Shilovsky (1):
    CIFS: Fix wrong buffer pointer usage in smb_set_file_info

    Peter Ujfalusi (1):
    mfd: twl-core: Fix chip ID for the twl6030-pwm module

    Prarit Bhargava (1):
    i7core_edac: fix panic when accessing sysfs files

    Roland Dreier (1):
    target: Fix handling of aborted commands

    Russell King - ARM Linux (2):
    Dove: Attempt to fix PMU/RTC interrupts
    Dove: Fix irq_to_pmu()

    Sachin Kamat (4):
    [media] s5p-fimc: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference
    ARM: S3C24XX: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference error
    drm/exynos: Make exynos4/5_fimd_driver_data static
    drm/exynos: Fix potential NULL pointer dereference in exynos_drm_encoder.c

    Schoch Christian (1):
    sctp: Error in calculation of RTTvar

    Shaik Ameer Basha (2):
    [media] exynos-gsc: change driver compatible string
    [media] exynos-gsc: Fix settings for input and output image RGB type

    Stanislav Kinsbursky (1):
    proc: check vma->vm_file before dereferencing

    Sukadev Bhattiprolu (1):
    perf powerpc: Use uapi/unistd.h to fix build error

    Sylwester Nawrocki (8):
    [media] s5p-fimc: Don't ignore return value of vb2_queue_init()
    [media] s5p-csis: Select S5P_SETUP_MIPIPHY
    [media] s5p-fimc: Fix platform entities registration
    [media] s5p-fimc: Prevent race conditions during subdevs registration
    [media] s5p-fimc: Don't use mutex_lock_interruptible() in device release()
    [media] fimc-lite: Don't use mutex_lock_interruptible() in
    device release()
    [media] exynos-gsc: Don't use mutex_lock_interruptible() in
    device release()
    [media] exynos-gsc: Add missing video device vfl_dir flag initialization

    Tejun Heo (1):
    workqueue: mod_delayed_work_on() shouldn't queue timer on 0 delay

    Tim Gardner (1):
    ixp4xx: Declare MODULE_FIRMWARE usage

    Tommi Rantala (3):
    sctp: fix memory leak in sctp_datamsg_from_user() when copy from
    user space fails
    sctp: fix -ENOMEM result with invalid user space pointer in
    sendto() syscall
    irda: irttp: fix memory leak in irttp_open_tsap() error path

    Tushar Behera (1):
    include/linux/bug.h: fix sparse warning related to BUILD_BUG_ON_INVALID

    Vincent Palatin (1):
    x86, fpu: Avoid FPU lazy restore after suspend

    Wei Yongjun (2):
    [media] dvb-frontends: fix potential NULL pointer dereference in
    [media] mx2_camera: fix missing unlock on error in mx2_start_streaming()

    Will Deacon (1):
    ARM: 7586/1: sp804: set cpumask to cpu_possible_mask for clock
    event device

    Xiao Guangrong (2):
    perf kvm: Rename perf_kvm to perf_kvm_stat
    perf kvm: Fix building perf kvm on non x86 arches

    françois romieu (1):
    8139cp: fix coherent mapping leak in error path. (3):
    bonding: fix miimon and arp_interval delayed work race conditions
    bonding: make arp_ip_target parameter checks consistent with sysfs
    bonding: fix race condition in bonding_store_slaves_active

      Last update: 2012-12-03 22:01    [W:0.042 / U:23.284 seconds]