Subject[RFC/PATCH 0/6] perf tools: Additional works for memory access sampling
Date
Hi,

During playing with the Stephane's memory access sampling series [1],
I needed to have these patches to make perf mem work properly.

It still gets a segfult when analyzing system wide sample data, and
needs more work on dealing with kernel's percpu symbols and rodata
symbols in user app, it worked well for my toy application at least
sometimes. ;-) I'll continue to chasing it down but before doing it
I'd like to share what I have now.

Thanks,
Namhyung

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/5/485

Namhyung Kim (6):
perf tools: Synthesize data mmap events for threads
perf tools: Set kernel data mapping length
perf tools: Fix detection of stack area
perf tools: Ignore ABS symbols when loading data maps
perf tools: Fix output of symbol_daddr offset
perf tools: Free {branch,mem}_info when freeing hist_entry

tools/perf/util/hist.c | 2 ++
tools/perf/util/machine.c | 22 ++++++++-----
tools/perf/util/map.c | 2 +-
tools/perf/util/sort.c | 2 +-
tools/perf/util/symbol-elf.c | 3 ++

1.7.11.7

  Last update: 2012-11-07 09:21    [W:1.540 / U:2.196 seconds]