SubjectRe: [PULL REQUEST for 3.7-rc4] xtensa: fix syscall table and vfork, and switch to generic thread/execve
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Chris Zankel <chris@zankel.net> wrote:

> https://github.com/czankel/xtensa-linux.git for_next

We've been here before, haven't we? There's so much wrong with this
that it's not funny.

I don't want https addresses. Yes, I suspect github uses the smart
streaming git mode, but you can't tell by the address, and it's
annoying. Github supports the native git protocol, just show that in
the address, and don't make me have to edit it for stupid reasons. So
the repository address should be

git://github.com/czankel/xtensa-linux.git for_next

.. which brings us to the other problem. I don't do unsigned pulls
from public hosting places. Anybody can put up a github repo, and
people do.

So unless the hosting itself is limited to people I can trust some
other way (ie notably kernel.org, but there are other "controlled
hosting" places too), I really *really* want to see tags with gpg
signatures. Which the above is not.

And I know you can do them, because you've done them in the past. So
please don't continue to do the above.

Linus

  Last update: 2012-11-02 00:41    [W:1.238 / U:0.252 seconds]