SubjectRe: i915 problems with suspend to disk
On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 09:31:39PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 08:20:17PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > On 3.6, I've got a problem with my video driver after resuming from
> > suspend-to-disk: the lower part of the display flickers, rapidly but
> > irregularly (think of a neon sign in a bad film noir), flicking
> > between the correct display and... something else, it's hard to see
> > what.
> >
> > Shutting the lid of the machine (to trigger a suspend-to-ram) and
> > waking it up again fixes the flicker.
> >
> > In syslogs, I have nothing obvious on suspend, and this warning on
> > resume:
[snip]
> > Hardware is a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge13, lspci says:
> >
> > 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
> >
> > aka
> >
> > 00:02.0 0300: 8086:2a42 (rev 07)
> >
> > Let me know if you need more information. I can probably manage a
> > bisect if necessary -- it's easily repeatable as a bug.
>
> Before you do a bisect, can you try the drm-intel-fixes branch from
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~danvet/drm-intel or a bit more risky, latest
> upstream git? That contains a completely rewritten modeset code, which
> might fix this already. To fix the breakage on 3.6 I guess we need a
> bisect - at least I don't have any idea off-hand what could have gone
> wrong here.

Thank you for the quick response.

The drm-intel-fixes branch seems to have done the trick. No more
flickering. I think we can call this one fixed.

Hugo.

--- I always felt that as a C programmer, I ---
was becoming typecast.

  Last update: 2012-10-05 00:01    [W:0.037 / U:0.928 seconds]