    SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm tree
    On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:52:33PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:29:49 +1100
    > Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Andrew,
    > >
    > > After merging the akpm tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
    > > ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:
    > >
    > > kernel/time/tick-sched.c:874:7: warning: 'struct sysdev_attribute' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]

    > > Caused by commit 629d589817da ("tick-sched: add specific do_timer_cpu
    > > value for nohz off mode") interacting with the removal of sysdevs in the
    > > driver-core tree. This patch will need reworking for that.
    > >
    > > I have reverted that commit for today.
    >
    > Bah. I dropped it.
    >
    > I must say, this week was a maximally inappropriate time to merge all this
    > sysdev stuff into linux-next.

    It was merged the week before christmas, there was a fun vacation break
    in there, and a "build warning turns to error" problem with the powerpc
    tree that we missed which caused it to be dropped from linux-next for a
    few days, which all combined to hit you now.

    Sorry about that, a fallout of the time of the year. It had been a
    while since Kay and I had bothered a bunch of people, it was about time :)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2012-01-06 06:09    [W:0.023 / U:60.260 seconds]