SubjectRe: [git pull] PCI fixes
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 14:14:13 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> >
> > Crap, and after you guys spent so long coming up with a clean version.
> >
> > Linus, can you just apply this one on top? I think it's the one Yinghai and Ram agreed to.
>
> Ok, applied, but I have to say that I hate it.
>
> Why don't we just move the stupid iov indexes to the end, and then
> ignore them by not counting through them in
> __pci_enable_device_flags()? So the regular PCI code would always walk
> through the resources 0 .. PCI_BRIDGE_RESOURCES_END or something. And
> then the magic IOV code could look at its own ones that the generic
> code apparently doesn't even want to know about.
>
> Hmm?

There was some talk awhile back of pulling the SR-IOV resources out of
the pci_dev resource array (adding a separate member to track them only
if CONFIG_PCI_IOV is enabled), that would probably be the way to go.
Then fix up whatever resource walking code that cares about IOV BARs
(there isn't much I think).

Any thoughts Yinghai?

Thanks,

  Last update: 2012-01-06 21:49    [W:0.322 / U:0.520 seconds]