    SubjectSysfs attributes racing with unregistration
    Tejun:

    Can you explain the current situation regarding access to sysfs
    attributes and possible races with kobject removal? I have two
    questions in particular:

    What happens if one thread calls an attribute's show or
    store method concurrently with another thread unregistering
    the underlying kobject?

    What happens if a thread continues to hold an open fd
    reference to a sysfs attribute file after the kobject is
    unregistered, and then tries to read or write that fd?

    If there are any guarantees about what happens in these situations, I
    can't find them in the kernel source.

    And of course, if you can think of any other matters related to this
    topic, please mention them.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2012-01-04 17:55    [W:0.018 / U:2.480 seconds]