lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2012]   [Jan]   [31]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
SubjectRe: Ext4 Kernel Crash
From
Jesper thanks very much for your answer.
Is there anyone else that wants to elaborate a bit more?

Kind regards,
Chris.


> On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, Nanakos Chrysostomos wrote:
>
>> Dear Linux Kernel Developers,
>> I am writing to report a kernel or ext4 bug.
>> I have two servers populated with 2 LUNs from the main storage facility,
>> each server has one LUN which is about 1.2TB. On top of that I am
>> utilizing glusterfs and samba to mount the 2.4TB created space to a
>> Windows server and other Linux machines (via glusterfs native client).
>> Yesterday I tried to copy to the new storage glusterfs space about 788GB
>> and in the morning I got from both machines the attached kernel
>> messages.
>> I have to mention that the first machine runs samba and mounts the
>> allocated glusterfs space with the help of FUSE glusterfs driver. The
>> second machine doesn't mount/export anything and simply runs the
>> glusterfs
>> service.
>> I have to also add that similar problems have happened to another system
>> which is used as a TIF to JP2 converter. The conversion path starts from
>> the conversion of a pdf file to png and then to jp2. As you can imagine
>> this process produces hundreds of thousands of files. Similarly the
>> machine crashes and I get similar kernel messages concerning ext4. I
>> can't
>> give you more information on that because the machine crashes, I have to
>> take a photo and send it back to you next time.
>> What do you believe about the kernel messages? Is this a ext4 bug when
>> thousands of files are created? How can I help resolve that?
>>
>> Please Cc me because I am not in the list.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>> Chris.
>>
>
> 1. Adding ext4 people to CC.
>
> 2. Took a quick look (without knowing much about ext4, mind you), and I
> noticed something that is, probably unrelated, but just in case it is not:
>
> In ext4_new_inode(), at the 'got:' label we have this code:
>
> [...]
> got:
> /* We may have to initialize the block bitmap if it isn't already
> */
> if (EXT4_HAS_RO_COMPAT_FEATURE(sb,
> EXT4_FEATURE_RO_COMPAT_GDT_CSUM) &&
> gdp->bg_flags & cpu_to_le16(EXT4_BG_BLOCK_UNINIT)) {
> struct buffer_head *block_bitmap_bh;
>
> block_bitmap_bh = ext4_read_block_bitmap(sb, group);
> BUFFER_TRACE(block_bitmap_bh, "get block bitmap access");
> err = ext4_journal_get_write_access(handle,
> block_bitmap_bh);
> if (err) {
> brelse(block_bitmap_bh);
> goto fail;
> }
>
> BUFFER_TRACE(block_bitmap_bh, "dirty block bitmap");
> err = ext4_handle_dirty_metadata(handle, NULL,
> block_bitmap_bh);
> [...]
>
> In the above, ext4_read_block_bitmap() may return NULL. If it does, then
> the calls to ext4_journal_get_write_access() and
> ext4_handle_dirty_metadata() are not safe, since both those functions may
> call other functions that may end up dereferencing their argument (the
> ext4_read_block_bitmap() return value).
>
> Whether or not that will ever actually happen and whether or not it's
> related to your problem, I don't know.
> But I thought I'd share the info.
>
>>
>> PS: Are there any ext4 kernel optimization's for avoiding that or
>> narrowing down the problem if this is not so obvious?
>>
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 2070 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003daa5c68 0000000000000082 0000000000000000 000000010000000b
>> ffff88003daa5d18 ffff88003daa5c98 ffff88003daa5bf8 ffffffff81090957
>> ffff88003a912638 ffff88003daa5fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003a912638
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090957>] ? bit_waitqueue+0x17/0xd0
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa013293b>] ? __ext4_handle_dirty_metadata+0x7b/0x100 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0114fb9>] ext4_orphan_add+0xb9/0x1f0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa01146b9>] ? ext4_delete_entry+0xf9/0x110 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0116a8b>] ext4_unlink+0x29b/0x2b0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff81183edf>] vfs_unlink+0x9f/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81182c2a>] ? lookup_hash+0x3a/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186463>] do_unlinkat+0x183/0x1c0
>> [<ffffffff81183601>] ? path_put+0x31/0x40
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff811864b6>] sys_unlink+0x16/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:2322 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 2322 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003c70dc48 0000000000000082 0000000000000000 00000001810949db
>> 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff88003c70dcb0 0000000000000000
>> ffff88003b18baf8 ffff88003c70dfd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003b18baf8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2585 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000000 0 2585 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b299bb8 0000000000000082 000000000000007a 0000000000000286
>> ffff88003b23b8c0 000000000000007e ffff88003b299b98 ffff88003b23b8c0
>> ffff88003a913ab8 ffff88003b299fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003a913ab8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff8118d11f>] ? d_free+0x3f/0x60
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2586 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000000 0 2586 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b1e7bb8 0000000000000082 0000000000000088 0000000000000286
>> ffff88003b619380 000000000000008c ffff88003b1e7b98 ffff88003b619380
>> ffff880037a59af8 ffff88003b1e7fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a59af8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff8141ccde>] ? release_sock+0xce/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2587 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000001 0 2587 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003d5efbb8 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 0000000000000286
>> ffff880037047cc0 000000000000007e ffff88003d5efb98 ffff880037047cc0
>> ffff88003b04f038 ffff88003d5effd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003b04f038
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2588 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000001 0 2588 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b093bb8 0000000000000082 0000000000000000 0000000000000286
>> ffff88003a9e69c0 000000000000007e ffff88003b093b98 ffff88003a9e69c0
>> ffff8800376f9b38 ffff88003b093fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff8800376f9b38
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2589 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000001 0 2589 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff8800374c1bb8 0000000000000086 0000000000000088 0000000000000286
>> ffff880037bf50c0 000000000000008c ffff8800374c1b98 ffff880037bf50c0
>> ffff88003b18a678 ffff8800374c1fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003b18a678
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff8141ccde>] ? release_sock+0xce/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:2322 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000001 0 2322 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003c70da28 0000000000000082 ffff880000020f58 ffff88003b8615a8
>> ffff88003c70d9a8 ffffffff81467515 ffff88003b8615a8 ffff88003b8615a8
>> ffff88003b18baf8 ffff88003c70dfd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003b18baf8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81467515>] ? ip_local_out+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff81090d7e>] ? prepare_to_wait+0x4e/0x80
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0141ccd>] ? ext4_init_security+0x2d/0x296 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa012d73e>] ext4_ext_tree_init+0x3e/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010a500>] ext4_new_inode+0x1150/0x1190 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0117c90>] ext4_create+0xc0/0x150 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff811822a3>] ? generic_permission+0x23/0xb0
>> [<ffffffff81183c84>] vfs_create+0xb4/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118788f>] do_filp_open+0xb2f/0xd60
>> [<ffffffff81193482>] ? alloc_fd+0x92/0x160
>> [<ffffffff81173a49>] do_sys_open+0x69/0x140
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81173b60>] sys_open+0x20/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2614 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000001 0 2614 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003c63dbb8 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 0000000000000286
>> ffff88003b6014c0 000000000000007c ffff88003c63db98 ffff88003b6014c0
>> ffff88003a913ab8 ffff88003c63dfd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003a913ab8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff8118e957>] ? __d_lookup+0xa7/0x150
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task smbd:2615 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> smbd D 0000000000000001 0 2615 1998 0x00000000
>> ffff88003d9bbbb8 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 0000000000000286
>> ffff88003720f580 000000000000008a ffff88003d9bbb98 ffff88003720f580
>> ffff880037a59af8 ffff88003d9bbfd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a59af8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff814ee01e>] __mutex_lock_slowpath+0x13e/0x180
>> [<ffffffff814edebb>] mutex_lock+0x2b/0x50
>> [<ffffffff811848af>] do_lookup+0xef/0x1e0
>> [<ffffffff811851d4>] __link_path_walk+0x734/0x1030
>> [<ffffffff81183795>] ? path_to_nameidata+0x45/0x60
>> [<ffffffff81185d5a>] path_walk+0x6a/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81185f2b>] do_path_lookup+0x5b/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81186b97>] user_path_at+0x57/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff81042c24>] ? __do_page_fault+0x1e4/0x480
>> [<ffffffff81182fc5>] ? putname+0x35/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186ba2>] ? user_path_at+0x62/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff8117b786>] vfs_fstatat+0x46/0x80
>> [<ffffffff81195630>] ? mntput_no_expire+0x30/0x110
>> [<ffffffff8117b8eb>] vfs_stat+0x1b/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8117b914>] sys_newstat+0x24/0x50
>> [<ffffffff814f23fe>] ? do_page_fault+0x3e/0xa0
>> [<ffffffff814ef7b5>] ? page_fault+0x25/0x30
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> [root@gluster00 ~]#
>>
>>
>> [root@gluster00 ~]# mount
>> /dev/sda3 on / type ext4 (rw)
>> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
>> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
>> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
>> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>> /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)
>> /dev/sdb1 on /GLUSTER00 type ext4 (rw)
>> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
>> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
>> gluster00:/mm-volume on /mmvolume type fuse.glusterfs
>> (rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072)
>>
>> [root@gluster00 ~]# df -h
>> Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/sda3 18G 2.0G 15G 13% /
>> tmpfs 499M 0 499M 0% /dev/shm
>> /dev/sda1 248M 103M 133M 44% /boot
>> /dev/sdb1 960G 200M 911G 1% /GLUSTER00
>> gluster00:/mm-volume 2.4T 397M 2.2T 1% /mmvolume
>>
>>
>> [root@gluster00 ~]# gluster -V
>> glusterfs 3.2.5 built on Dec 7 2011 18:41:39
>> Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
>> Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
>> GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>> You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU
>> General Public License.
>>
>> [root@gluster00 ~]# uname -a
>> Linux gluster00.prod 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 24
>> 02:13:44 GMT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> [root@gluster00 ~]# smbd -V
>> Version 3.5.10-114.el6
>>
>>
>> THE MACHINE RUNS CENTOS 6.2
>>
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c68 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 000000010000000b
>> ffff88003b683d18 ffff88003b683c98 ffff88003b683bf8 ffffffff81090957
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090957>] ? bit_waitqueue+0x17/0xd0
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa013293b>] ? __ext4_handle_dirty_metadata+0x7b/0x100 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0114fb9>] ext4_orphan_add+0xb9/0x1f0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa01146b9>] ? ext4_delete_entry+0xf9/0x110 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0116a8b>] ext4_unlink+0x29b/0x2b0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff81183edf>] vfs_unlink+0x9f/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81182c2a>] ? lookup_hash+0x3a/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186463>] do_unlinkat+0x183/0x1c0
>> [<ffffffff81183601>] ? path_put+0x31/0x40
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff811864b6>] sys_unlink+0x16/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c68 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 000000010000000b
>> ffff88003b683d18 ffff88003b683c98 ffff88003b683bf8 ffffffff81090957
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090957>] ? bit_waitqueue+0x17/0xd0
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa013293b>] ? __ext4_handle_dirty_metadata+0x7b/0x100 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0114fb9>] ext4_orphan_add+0xb9/0x1f0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa01146b9>] ? ext4_delete_entry+0xf9/0x110 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0116a8b>] ext4_unlink+0x29b/0x2b0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff81183edf>] vfs_unlink+0x9f/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81182c2a>] ? lookup_hash+0x3a/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186463>] do_unlinkat+0x183/0x1c0
>> [<ffffffff81183601>] ? path_put+0x31/0x40
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff811864b6>] sys_unlink+0x16/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c68 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 000000010000000b
>> ffff88003b683d18 ffff88003b683c98 ffff88003b683bf8 ffffffff81090957
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090957>] ? bit_waitqueue+0x17/0xd0
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa013293b>] ? __ext4_handle_dirty_metadata+0x7b/0x100 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0114fb9>] ext4_orphan_add+0xb9/0x1f0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa01146b9>] ? ext4_delete_entry+0xf9/0x110 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0116a8b>] ext4_unlink+0x29b/0x2b0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff81183edf>] vfs_unlink+0x9f/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81182c2a>] ? lookup_hash+0x3a/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186463>] do_unlinkat+0x183/0x1c0
>> [<ffffffff81183601>] ? path_put+0x31/0x40
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff811864b6>] sys_unlink+0x16/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c68 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 000000010000000b
>> ffff88003b683d18 ffff88003b683c98 ffff88003b683bf8 ffffffff81090957
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090957>] ? bit_waitqueue+0x17/0xd0
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa013293b>] ? __ext4_handle_dirty_metadata+0x7b/0x100 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0114fb9>] ext4_orphan_add+0xb9/0x1f0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa01146b9>] ? ext4_delete_entry+0xf9/0x110 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0116a8b>] ext4_unlink+0x29b/0x2b0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff81183edf>] vfs_unlink+0x9f/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff81182c2a>] ? lookup_hash+0x3a/0x50
>> [<ffffffff81186463>] do_unlinkat+0x183/0x1c0
>> [<ffffffff81183601>] ? path_put+0x31/0x40
>> [<ffffffff8119ad11>] ? sys_lgetxattr+0x61/0x80
>> [<ffffffff811864b6>] sys_unlink+0x16/0x20
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1754 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1754 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b479c48 0000000000000086 ffff880000000001 000000013712d580
>> 0000000000000000 ffff88003f810080 ffff88003faacc00 ffff88003f8224c0
>> ffff88003712db38 ffff88003b479fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003712db38
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090d7e>] ? prepare_to_wait+0x4e/0x80
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1754 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1754 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b479c48 0000000000000086 ffff880000000001 000000013712d580
>> 0000000000000000 ffff88003f810080 ffff88003faacc00 ffff88003f8224c0
>> ffff88003712db38 ffff88003b479fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003712db38
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090d7e>] ? prepare_to_wait+0x4e/0x80
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1754 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1754 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b479c48 0000000000000086 ffff880000000001 000000013712d580
>> 0000000000000000 ffff88003f810080 ffff88003faacc00 ffff88003f8224c0
>> ffff88003712db38 ffff88003b479fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff88003712db38
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffff81090d7e>] ? prepare_to_wait+0x4e/0x80
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c48 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 00000001810949db
>> 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff88003b683cb0 0000000000000000
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c48 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 00000001810949db
>> 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff88003b683cb0 0000000000000000
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> INFO: task glusterfsd:1878 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
>> "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this
>> message.
>> glusterfsd D 0000000000000000 0 1878 1 0x00000000
>> ffff88003b683c48 0000000000000086 0000000000000000 00000001810949db
>> 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 ffff88003b683cb0 0000000000000000
>> ffff880037a9e6b8 ffff88003b683fd8 000000000000f4e8 ffff880037a9e6b8
>> Call Trace:
>> [<ffffffffa00de09d>] do_get_write_access+0x29d/0x520 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffff81090ad0>] ? wake_bit_function+0x0/0x50
>> [<ffffffffa00de471>] jbd2_journal_get_write_access+0x31/0x50 [jbd2]
>> [<ffffffffa0132b78>] __ext4_journal_get_write_access+0x38/0x80 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e253>] ext4_reserve_inode_write+0x73/0xa0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa0107158>] ? call_filldir+0x78/0xe0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e2cc>] ext4_mark_inode_dirty+0x4c/0x1d0 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffffa010e5c0>] ext4_dirty_inode+0x40/0x60 [ext4]
>> [<ffffffff8119fceb>] __mark_inode_dirty+0x3b/0x160
>> [<ffffffff8119040d>] touch_atime+0x12d/0x170
>> [<ffffffff8118a290>] ? filldir+0x0/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a526>] vfs_readdir+0xd6/0xe0
>> [<ffffffff8118a699>] sys_getdents+0x89/0xf0
>> [<ffffffff8100b0f2>] system_call_fastpath+0x16/0x1b
>> [root@gluster01 ~]#
>>
>>
>> [root@gluster01 ~]# mount
>> /dev/sda3 on / type ext4 (rw)
>> proc on /proc type proc (rw)
>> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
>> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
>> tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>> /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)
>> /dev/sdb1 on /GLUSTER01 type ext4 (rw)
>> none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
>> sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
>>
>> [root@gluster01 ~]# df -h
>> Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/sda3 18G 1.8G 15G 11% /
>> tmpfs 499M 0 499M 0% /dev/shm
>> /dev/sda1 248M 103M 133M 44% /boot
>> /dev/sdb1 1.4T 198M 1.4T 1% /GLUSTER01
>>
>> [root@gluster01 ~]# gluster -V
>> glusterfs 3.2.5 built on Dec 7 2011 18:41:39
>> Repository revision: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
>> Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Gluster Inc. <http://www.gluster.com>
>> GlusterFS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>> You may redistribute copies of GlusterFS under the terms of the GNU
>> General Public License.
>>
>> [root@gluster01 ~]# uname -a
>> Linux gluster01.prod 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 24
>> 02:13:44 GMT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>>
>> THE MACHINE RUNS CENTOS 6.2
>> --
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
>> in
>> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>
>
> --
> Jesper Juhl <jj@chaosbits.net> http://www.chaosbits.net/
> Don't top-post http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
> Plain text mails only, please.
>




\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2012-01-31 09:37    [from the cache]
©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans