    SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the driver-core tree
    On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 01:07:52AM +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
    > On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 17:21, Greg KH <> wrote:
    > > On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 05:45:18PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > >> Because of the powerpc problems above, I have used the driver-core tree
    > >> from next-20111222 for today.
    > >
    > > Sorry about all of the problems, we tried to fix everything we could,
    > > but your merges and cross-builds found stuff we missed :(
    > >
    > > Kay, care to send me patches to fix this, and all of the other
    > > linux-next-reported problems to me so we can get this resolved this
    > > week?
    > I rather don't want to add error checking to stuff that doesn't do it
    > today. The sysdev stuff never had that forced checks, but the normal
    > device stuff has.

    That's fine.

    > I think the force return value check is really a pretty misguided idea
    > in general, and it's up to the caller to do these checks and handle
    > rollbacks, not the driver core, I think.
    > Can't we just remove that forced check?

    Probably, if it fixes these warning-is-an-error problems. There were
    other issues with linux-next that were build issues, not just this one
    from what I recall, that kept Stephen from including the tree in
    linux-next. I can bounce them to you if you missed them.

    greg k-h

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-01-04 01:35    [W:0.021 / U:14.756 seconds]