SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the driver-core tree
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 17:21, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 05:45:18PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Because of the powerpc problems above, I have used the driver-core tree
>> from next-20111222 for today.
>
> Sorry about all of the problems, we tried to fix everything we could,
> but your merges and cross-builds found stuff we missed :(
>
> Kay, care to send me patches to fix this, and all of the other
> linux-next-reported problems to me so we can get this resolved this
> week?

I rather don't want to add error checking to stuff that doesn't do it
today. The sysdev stuff never had that forced checks, but the normal
device stuff has.

I think the force return value check is really a pretty misguided idea
in general, and it's up to the caller to do these checks and handle
rollbacks, not the driver core, I think.

Can't we just remove that forced check?

Kay

  Last update: 2012-01-04 01:11    [W:0.093 / U:0.176 seconds]