    SubjectRe: [patch 1/4] fs, proc: Introduce /proc/<pid>/task/<tid>/children entry v8
    On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:20:37 +0400
    Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@openvz.org> wrote:

    > When we do checkpoint of a task we need to know the list of children
    > the task, has but there is no easy and fast way to generate reverse
    > parent->children chain from arbitrary <pid> (while a parent pid is
    > provided in "PPid" field of /proc/<pid>/status).
    >
    > So instead of walking over all pids in the system (creating one big process
    > tree in memory, just to figure out which children a task has) -- we add
    > explicit /proc/<pid>/task/<tid>/children entry, because the kernel already has
    > this kind of information but it is not yet exported.
    >
    > This is a first level children, not the whole process tree.

    Is there a reason for not putting this new code inside
    CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTART? If so, please changelog that.

    We could add

    /* #ifdef CONFIG_CHECKPOINT_RESTART (reasoning goes here) */

    so that if we should decide to pull all this code out again, a grep
    will flag this code for consideration.

      Last update: 2012-01-25 00:55    [W:4.224 / U:0.132 seconds]