SubjectRe: [BUG] kernel BUG at mm/memcontrol.c:1074!
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 09:16:09PM -0800, Hugh Dickins wrote:

> > Another question is who pushes pages to LRU before setting pc->mem_cgroup..
> > Anyway, I think we need to fix memcg to be LRU_IMMEDIATE aware.
>
> I don't think so: Mel agreed that the patch could not go forward as is,
> without an additional pageflag, and asked Andrew to drop it from mmotm
> in mail on 29th December (I didn't notice an mm-commits message to say
> akpm did drop it, and marc is blacked out in protest for today, so I
> cannot check: but certainly akpm left it out of his push to Linus).
>
> Oh, and Mel noticed another bug in it on the 30th, that the PageLRU
> check in the function you quote above is wrong: see PATCH 11/11 thread.

Yes, that patch is broken. According to the mm-commits list, it was
"withdrawn" on December 30th. I do not know why it is still in
linux-next but AFAIK, it is not expected to end up in mainline. I do not
have a fixed version of the patch at the moment.

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans