    SubjectRe: [BUG] kernel BUG at mm/memcontrol.c:1074!
    On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 09:16:09PM -0800, Hugh Dickins wrote:

    > > Another question is who pushes pages to LRU before setting pc->mem_cgroup..
    > > Anyway, I think we need to fix memcg to be LRU_IMMEDIATE aware.
    > I don't think so: Mel agreed that the patch could not go forward as is,
    > without an additional pageflag, and asked Andrew to drop it from mmotm
    > in mail on 29th December (I didn't notice an mm-commits message to say
    > akpm did drop it, and marc is blacked out in protest for today, so I
    > cannot check: but certainly akpm left it out of his push to Linus).
    > Oh, and Mel noticed another bug in it on the 30th, that the PageLRU
    > check in the function you quote above is wrong: see PATCH 11/11 thread.

    Yes, that patch is broken. According to the mm-commits list, it was
    "withdrawn" on December 30th. I do not know why it is still in
    linux-next but AFAIK, it is not expected to end up in mainline. I do not
    have a fixed version of the patch at the moment.

    Mel Gorman
    SUSE Labs

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-01-19 17:51    [W:0.019 / U:30.080 seconds]