    SubjectRe: [GIT] Security updates for 3.3: SELinux
    On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM, James Morris <jmorris@namei.org> wrote:

    >  git://selinuxproject.org/~jmorris/linux-security for-linus

    Ugh. I dislike how you had an "evil merge" with no explanation about
    *why* it was there. I just see the merge, and wonder what was going
    on.

    So I removed the merge, and tried it myself to see what the conflicts
    were and what was going on. Because that's exactly the kind of thing I
    do want to know about.

    Please, if you do merges like this, please explain them. At the *very*
    least, explain them in the merge message itself if you do them
    yourself, but I actually prefer that you not do the merge at all, and
    instead explain what is going on so that I can see it and react to it.

    Now, if it's a trivial merge, it needs no explanation (although I also
    prefer that it not be done, so that I can see even those), but
    something like this where you actually need to resolve a semantic
    conflict that doesn't cause any real physical conflict at all I really
    prefer to be explained.

    Linus