SubjectRe: [GIT] Security updates for 3.3: SELinux
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM, James Morris <> wrote:
>  git:// for-linus

Ugh. I dislike how you had an "evil merge" with no explanation about
*why* it was there. I just see the merge, and wonder what was going

So I removed the merge, and tried it myself to see what the conflicts
were and what was going on. Because that's exactly the kind of thing I
do want to know about.

Please, if you do merges like this, please explain them. At the *very*
least, explain them in the merge message itself if you do them
yourself, but I actually prefer that you not do the merge at all, and
instead explain what is going on so that I can see it and react to it.

Now, if it's a trivial merge, it needs no explanation (although I also
prefer that it not be done, so that I can see even those), but
something like this where you actually need to resolve a semantic
conflict that doesn't cause any real physical conflict at all I really
prefer to be explained.