SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.14-rt31
On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 11:18 +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
> Hi Steven
>
> I have just tested 3.0.14 with some local adaptions. Unfortunatly there we
> have still two errors here:
> Reboot ( of upstart) fails sometimes fails with the following message:
> "reboot: Unable to execute shutdown: Bad address"

What's the bad address? Was there a kernel oops?

> This problem can probably easily worked around by catching a failed execution
> and retry, but i am afraid that execution fails more often in other places and
> leads to silent functionality failures.
>
> and the running wild ksoftirqd0 most probably after the kernel message:
> "sched: RT throttling activated"

Hmm, that's not good. It means that an RT task is spinning too much.

> It also seems as if the system looks up after running ifconfig. But it seems as
> if the error only shows up most of the times if i am not around.

s/looks/locks/ ?

If it happens after ifconfig, then obviously that looks to be something
to do with either the network driver or the network stack.

But there's really nothing I can do to look into this without more
information.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2012-01-12 14:57    [W:0.155 / U:0.856 seconds]