    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 05/11] SoC-level changes for tegra and omap
    On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux
    <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

    > What about using -C instead (which implies -M, but also detects copies) ?

    I don't mind -C. It sometimes causes differences to what I see by
    default, but those differences are often interesting.

    But while it's interesting and relevant (unlike the non-rename patch
    that is just noisy), it also can hide lots of lines. With -C, you can
    get a diffstat that is actually fairly small, but that adds a lot of
    lines to the kernel (because somebody just copied large files with
    small changes), and if that happens I do want to see it as a "big
    change". So for me, the plain "just show renames" is a good default.

    So there is absolutely nothing wrong with -C. It's not what I use, but
    when I see that the diffstats don't match, it's easy to notice why,
    and that information is often fairly interesting, so I don't mind.

    Linus

      Last update: 2012-01-10 17:11    [W:5.386 / U:0.000 seconds]