SubjectRe: KVM guest-kernel panics double fault
On 01/10/2012 12:11 PM, Stephan Bärwolf wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Thank you for your lots of information, they helped very much -
> especially debugging...
>
> > The third parameter is actually ecx
> (ebx was actually a typing... ...of course ecx!)
>
> > The emulator is written to be independent of the rest of kvm, using
> > emul_to_vcpu() undoes that. If you need access to more vpcu internals,
> > add more function pointers to struct x86_emulate_ops.
> I prepare/adapt everything to the mentioned styles/policy.
> (I'll insert 2 additional ops for getting "cpuid" and "id of vcpu"...)

What do you mean by "id of vcpu"?

> > Please post patches separately, not as attachments to a single email.
> > See Documentation/SubmittingPatches.
> One thing, which is not fully clear to me: Where exactly should I post
> the patches?
> Also to/in this mail/group as an empty mail (containing the patch as
> text-body) per patch?
> Or all (3 patches) at once?

One patch per email, with a cover letter. Git can help you format and
send them:

# format three patches, with a cover letter:
$ git format-patch -3 --cover-letter -n -o patches
# edit the cover letter:
$ vi patches/0000-cover-letter-patch
# post them:
$ git send-email --to kvm@vger.kernel.org patches/*.patch